CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 7, 2011

Mardi Gras 2011 and our busy weekend

Friday night Mom, Cole and I went to the Mardi Gras parade.  Cole hasn't ever been to a night parade so I was excited to see what he thought.  The night started off great for him because Nanny bought him a spinning music toy and cotton candy so he was in heaven :)

Once the parade started it took him a little bit to get into it.  He had the funniest stance to catch beads...I don't know that he ever caught a bead but he sure had fun pretending. 


He loved running around and grabbing them off the ground and then throwing them in to the bag.  He wouldn't really wear the beads.  I think at one time he had about 6 on and he quickly pulled them off and handed them to me.  As the parade went on and more floats came by with their music blaring, he started really dancing.  His dance moves are priceless and I wish I would have brought the video camera.  He definitely fit in with some of the crazier (ie drunker) people at the parade  LOL  We had a lot of fun and I am so glad we went.  Stu was at Cody's for his birthday dinner thing so he didn't come this year....next year we will have two little Mardi Gras boys....kinda crazy!


Saturday we spent a lot of time in Nederland with Kristin and Danny.  It had been a month since we saw them last so we were all excited to see and especially hold Rylee :)  I swear that girl grows and changes so much. I understand now why Kristin would freak out whenever she saw Cole.  You don't think that in a months time a kid can change so much, but they DO!  She is turning into the cutest little chunky butt and has the cutest smile.  She showed her smile a lot this weekend.  She is such a great baby!
This is one of my favorite pics of Uncle Stu, Rylee and Cole!


My sprinkle for Conner was Saturday and after the sprinkle we all went to eat at La Suprema.  I LOVE that place and its queso.  I want some now just thinking about it. Next weekend looks like it will be just as jam packed, but you know I wouldn't have it any other way.  I know when Conner gets here it will become even crazier!

0 comments: